The central government of India introduced Atal Pension Yojana to financially secure the old age people. The government of India is serious about the security of the old age poor working people. Under the scheme, the fixed pension will be given between Rs 1000 to Rs 5000 per month for the subscribers, if he joins and contributes for the schemes. The scheme works under National Pension Scheme, launched in the financial year 2015-16. The scheme is available for the age of 18 years to 40 years.
The scheme aims to cover all working poor of the unorganized sector. The scheme is regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) through NPS architecture.
Benefits of Atal Pension Yojana
- Fixed monthly pension for the subscribers ranging between Rs 1000 to Rs 5000 per month will be given under the Atal Pension Yojana.
- The government of India gives guarantee for the minimum pension.
- The government of India will also contribute 50 percent of the contribution or Rs 1000 per annum which is low for the period of five years.
- All bank account holders may join the Atal Pension Yojana.
Must Read: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Eligibility for Atal Pension Yojana
- Subscriber must be a citizen of India.
- The age of subscribers must be between 18 – 40 years.
- Subscriber should be Aadhar Number if Aadhar number not available at the registration time then Aadhar details must be submitted later.
- The applicant must have a mobile number.
Charge for Default
- If the subscriber delays the payments then some additional charge will be applicable.
- If subscriber contribute up to Rs 100 per month then Rs 1 per month
- Rs 2 per month for contribution up to Rs 101 to 500 per month
- If subscriber contribute between Rs 501 to Rs 100 per month then Rs 5 per month
- Above 1001, Rs 10 will be charged by the authority.
Pension Details in Chart is given below
If the subscriber discontinued the payment for 6 months then account will be frozen, after 12-month discontinuation account will be deactivated and discontinuation of 24 months then account will be closed.
In case of death, the pension will be given to the spouse of the subscriber and in case of death of both the pension, the amount will be given to the nominee of the subscriber. If pensioner wants to exit then 100 percent pension wealth will be the return to the subscribers. Exit before the age of sixty is not permitted however it will be permitted only the death of the beneficiary or terminal disease.
How to Apply
- Download the application form from http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/FORMS-APY.aspx
- Click Here For Download Application Form in Hindi
- Click Here for Download Application Form In English
- Submit the application form in any bank where your account.
National Toll-Free Number – 1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001