Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Complete Detail
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao has been launched by the Pradhan Mantri Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015. This is the social welfare campaign of Central government of India to aware for protecting girl child and increase the girl child ratio. The scheme was launched with the initial fund of 100 crores.
The girl child ratio is decline dramatically in our country, in 1991 sex ratio was 945, in 2001 it was 927 and in 2011 it was 918 girls per 1000 boys of 0-6 year age group. According to UNICEF report our ranked in Child Sex Ratio is 41st among the 195 countries. Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Human Resource Development jointly run the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, is a national initiative.
Objective of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Prevent girl feticide; it is the one of the main reason of girl ratio drop. People identify the gender in pregnancy with ultrasound technology. After identifying as the girl they use abortion to feticide of the girl baby.
- Ensure the survival of girl, our society discriminate girl child in every aspect of life.
- The scheme also ensuring the education of the girl child.
- Encourage parent for educating the girl.
- Empower the women about rights.
Read Also: Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
Benefits of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- The government provides financial assistance for education of girls.
- The scheme also provides financial assistance for higher education.
- In the scheme, the government provides financial assistance for marriage of the girl.
- The impact of the scheme is the discrimination between girl and boy will reduce.
Implementation of the Scheme
The scheme is working at the national level, state level, and district level. The Department of Women and Child Development is responsible for implementing the scheme in various level and also responsible for budgetary control and administration of the scheme. Benefits of the scheme will be given when the girl child will be 10 years old.