Bihar SC and ST Scholarship Scheme – Backward Class & Extremely Backward Class
The state government of Bihar has established Backward Classes and Extremely Backward Classes Welfare Department in the financial year 2007-2008. After the effect of the department from the date of 01/04/2007.
The department has introduced many schemes for the OBC and Backward classes overall development. Such as:-
- Other Backward Class (OBC) Pre-Matric (School) Scholarship Scheme
- Others Backwards Class (OBC) Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Chief Minister Extremely Backward Classes Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Plan
- Other Backward Classes Hostel Scheme
- Jananayak Karpoori Thakur Most Backward Classes Welfare Hostel Plan
- Other Backward Classes girl residential +2 high School
Under the OBC pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme the government will provide scholarship for students who are studying any state government school or government recognized school from 1st to 10th class and belongs to Backwards Class and Other Backward class. Scholarship is different for the different classes which are given below:-
|Class||Scholarship in Rupees|
|1 to 4||Rs 50/|
|5 to 6||Rs 100/|
|7 to 10||Rs 150/|
|1 to 10 (Hostler)||Rs 250/|
Eligibility to Apply for Scheme
- The applicant must be the permanent residence of Bihar.
- The applicant guardian/parent’s annual income should be up to Rs 1 lakh from all sources.
- Applicant must have caste certificate which is issued by the concerned department and that particular cast should be listed in the backward class of Bihar state.
- Applicant must get 60 percent marks in the last examination and obtained 1st
Detail of Scholarship Amount for Higher Education:
|Details of Course||Scholarship Amount|
|Under State Government/ Constituted/ Accredited school +2 Courses or IA/I.Sc/I.Com and other similar courses||Rs 2,000/|
|Under the state constituents/ Accredited college undergraduate courses like BA/B.Sc/B.com or others similar courses||Rs 5,000/|
|Under the State government postgraduate courses like M.A/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ M.Phil/ P.hd or others similar courses||Rs 5,000/|
|Under State Government ITI||Rs 5,000/|
|Under the state government operates three-year diploma courses in Polytechnic and others equivalent courses||Rs 10,000/|
|Institutes of Business and Technology Education courses run under state government such as Engineering / Medical / Legal / Management and others equivalent courses (Excluding Agriculture)||Rs 15,000/|
The state government also gives Rs 10,000 to the Metric (10th) passed students from the Bihar School Examination Board which is permanent residence of Bihar and comes from Extremely Backward Class. The government also runs 12 residential High schools for girl’s students of OBC in these districts Patna, Mokameh (Patna), Muzaffarpur, Purnia, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Samastipur, Munger, Rohtas and Chhapra. These Schools have conducting Class 6 to 12 with the student’s capacity of 280 students per school.
For more details of Backward Class Scholarship and others, schemes go to the official site of Backward Class and Extremely Backward Class Welfare Department of Bihar at : http://bcebcwelfare.bih.nic.in/