Individual Household Latrine Scheme – Toilet Construction Scheme
The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India has the inviting application form for the new launch government scheme Individual Household Latrine Scheme. The government provides financial support for constructing toilet under the scheme. The government has launched a portal to apply online for the scheme.
The Individual Household Latrine Scheme was launched under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, an initiative to clean India by the central government, which is launched on 2nd October 2014 on the occasion of the 145th birth anniversary of Rashtra Pita Mahatma Gandhi. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi dream to clean India by 2019 on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi to achieve the dream of Bapu’s Clean India.
About 50 percent population of our country is defecating in the open, according to a report of UN India. This is the cause of many diseases among those people such as diarrhea, typhoid cholera, polio, intestinal worm infection many others diseases. This is the also cause of many crimes against women across the country.
The central government has set the target to install 7.5 crore toilets across the country by October 2019. The government provides Rs 12,000 as financial assistance to construct the toilet. The share of central government and state government is 75:25 i.e central government gives Rs 9,000 and relevant state government gives Rs 3,000.
Required Documents for Individual Household Latrine Scheme
- Scanned copy of photograph
- Scanned copy of first page Bank Passbook
- Aadhaar number
How to Apply for Free Toilet Construction Scheme
- Go to the official website Free Toilet Construction Scheme at http://swachhbharaturban.gov.in.
- Go to Households & Citizen Menu and click ‘Online application for IHHL’
- Now a page will be open fill all the information such as Name, Mobile Number, Email, Address, State, Id type and Id number.
- Click on register button your registration process is complete.
- To getting password click on Applicant get OTP, type your name and email and click send. Password will be sent to your registered mobile number and password.
- Now you can login with Email and password for Swachh Bharat Toilet Application Form. Application form will be open in two parts. Form A and Form B.
- Fill all the detail and upload photograph and bank account details.
- Click the agree button and submit the application with Click on Apply.
- Afte submitting the application an acknowledgement slip will be provided. Take print out the acknowledgement for future use.