Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Complete Details
Tha Ministry of Human Research and Development and UGC have taken a new initiative to promote higher education in North Eastern Region. The University Grant Commission had launched Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme for the economically weaker section students of North Eastern region. The national scholarship portal scholarships.gov.in and UGC official website is inviting online registration for the scheme. Under the scheme, the government will provide financial assistance to pursue higher education, interested and eligible candidate can apply before 31 October 2017 for the academic year 2017-18.
Objective of the Scheme
- Provide financial assistance to achieve the dream through higher education in NE region.
- To encourage profession education in North Eastern Region
- In higher education provides equal opportunities for North Eastern Region comparison of others states.
- Utilize more and more budgets of North Eastern budgetary allocation.
Benefits of the Scheme
Under the scheme, UGC will give Rs 10,000 per year scholarship to the economically weaker section student of the North Eastern Region. Rs 5400 per month will be given for pursuing a general degree program and Rs 7800 per month will be given for technical and professional courses.
Eligibility of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
- Students must be domicile of NER states.
- Students must be passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study from any school which is situated in NER.
- Students must get admission in general degree course, paramedical course and the technical & professional course in any recognized university.
- The only first-year student is eligible for the scheme.
- The parent of student annual income must be not exceeded Rs 4.5 lakh.
- Students who pursuing course through Open University
- Students who already avail any other scholarship
- Students who get admission in management quota
Required Documents for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
- Domicile Certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- All academic certificates
How to Apply
Fill all the required details and submit the application.