The state government of Maharashtra has launched Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjeevani Yojana for the farmers. The scheme is launched for waiving the electricity bill of farmers in Maharashtra. The scheme will be helpful for those farmers who not pay their electricity bill for many years. The scheme will be benefitted for about 41 lakh farmers of the state. The scheme is announced by the Energy Minister of Maharashtra Chandrashekhar Banvankule.
Under the scheme, the state government of Maharashtra will waive off the penalty of Rs 19,272 crore of the electricity bill of Maharashtra government. The state electricity board is now unable to purchase electricity due to the financial crisis. The state government will launch a portal where farmers will pay their electricity bill without penalty and the penalty amount will be paid by the state government.
Read Also: Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjeevani Yojana
- Under the scheme, farmers can pay the outstanding electricity bill in five installment wit out paying the interest and penalty.
- If the outstanding amount is up to 30,000 rupees then the farmers can pay in five installments.
- Farmers can pay in ten installments if the outstanding amount is more than Rs 30,000.
Who will be benefitted?
- All the farmers of Maharashtra State are eligible for the scheme.
- About 41 lakh farmers of the state will be able to benefit in the scheme.
How can join
To join the scheme, the current bill will be filled up, and the first installment of 20 percent of the original outstanding will have to also deposit by November 17. After this, from March 18 to December 18, every three months will have to deposit the 20 percent amount to the board. The defaulter farmers who are not participants in the scheme their electricity connection will be cut off.
The state government of Maharashtra provides electricity to the farmers at only Rs 3.40 per unit while the rate for common users is Rs 6.50 per unit. The rest amount will be given by the state government.