Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a social welfare flagship scheme of Government of India. However, this scheme is known as Indira Awaas Yojana previously. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2018 aims to provide the house to the poor and needy people of the state by 2022. The government main focus through the scheme is poverty alleviation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launch the scheme on 1st April 2016.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2018
The Government aims to provide the pucca house with basic amenities to all poor and needy people by 2022. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2018 runs under government commitment to provide “Housing for All” by 2022. The government aims to cover 4 crore households living in the kutcha house. The government also aims to create jobs in rural areas. The scheme aims to cover 1 crore households in rural areas this year. Construct quality house fo the beneficiary by the beneficiary using local material, designs and trained masons.
Must Read: How to Apply PMAY
Key Feature of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2018
- Providing assistance for constructing of house in rural areas
- Minimum house size is 25 sq. m including dedicated areas of hygienic cooking.
- Financial assistance of Rs 1.20 lakh in plain areas and Rs 1.30 in hilly areas, difficult areas and IAP district directly to the beneficiary bank account.
- Share between Central and State government is 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 in North-Eastern and 3 Himalayan States (Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand).
- Additional financial assistance foRs 12,000 for construction of toilet
- 90/95 days of unskilled labour wages for construction of house per unit.
- Technical support of National Technical Support Agency for construction of house
Selection of Beneficiary
To comes transparency in selection of beneficiary government set level of parameter and set different level committee for selection. Priority of beneficiary is the basis of selection. Once the priority list will be made available, publicized at every level.
All Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes, labor, Minority and all who are under BPL category who have not pucca house are eligible for the scheme.