Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has been launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2015 for providing the house to all poor and unsheltered people of the state. The scheme was started with the aim of housing for all by 2022. Under the scheme, the government aims to build 20 million houses by 2022.
The central government has aimed to provide a house to all poor and needy people which have not house yet. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is working in two parts:-
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban, the central government is providing assistance to the Urban local bodies and other implementing agencies for constructing the house in urban areas. In the urban area, the growth rate is 34 percent, in near feature the demand of the house will go up to 18 million so the government will cover the demand of household through the scheme.
Under the scheme, the central government provides interest subsidy up to 2.35 lakh for buying the home in urban areas for various income group family such as MIG, LIG family.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin, the central government gives financial assistance to the BPL family people. The Ministry of Rural Development is monitoring the scheme. The government provides Rs 70,000 to Rs 1.20 lakh in plain areas and RS 75,000 to 1.30 lakh in hilly and difficult areas for constructing the house in 25 sq meter area and additional Rs 12,000 for constructing the toilet. The beneficiary will be selected in according the Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011. The share of central and state government is ratio 60:40.
- In Urban areas, all family who has any house in across the country will be eligible.
- Family means Husband, Wife and unmarried children.
- In Rural areas all family whose name in BPL list of Census 2011 is eligible for the scheme.
- The beneficiary must be residents of India.
- The house will be allotted in the name of either husband or wife.
- The beneficiary should not avail any benefitted in central government housing scheme.
How to Apply
- Go to the official website at pmaymis.gov.in
- Go the “Citizen Assessment” menu and click an option.
- Now a page will be open where you have to fill Aadhar Number and click on “Check’
- If provided Aadhar Number is correct then an application form will be open.
- Fill the form correctly and click on submit button.
- After submitting the form application an application form will appear on the screen for print. Keep it for future use.
How To apply: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
How to apply online click here: http://pmaymis.gov.in/
All Updates Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Click Here