Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samridhi Yojana – How to Apply
The prime minister Narendra Modi has taken many initiatives for increasing girl child ratio. The government of India has started the Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samridhi Yojana. The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015. Under the scheme, the parents of girl’s can open the bank account in any nationalized bank or post office or any commercial bank. The bank gives 8.3 percent interest for the account and the tax deductible.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
To protect the girl child and secure the future of girl child, the government has taken the initiative. The government has main aims to increase girl ratio and encourage the girl education. The scheme was launched under Beti Bachao Bet Padhao. The Scheme will also encourage the girl education.
Must Read: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
- Under the scheme, the government gives higher interest rate comparison on any others savings account.
- under the scheme, the account is tax deductible under 80c of the income tax Act.
- The beneficiary can transfer their account anywhere in India at any time.
- The maturity amount will be given directly to the girl after completion of the age of 21 years.
- All the citizen of India can open the account.
- The benefits of the scheme will be given only two girl child.
- Three girl child will be eligible if in case of second delivery time twin girl is birth.
- All the girls below 10 years can apply for the scheme
- Only 2 girls of a family can apply
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child
- ID proof of parents and guardian
- Adress Proof of Parents and Guardian
How to Open Account
Online and offline facility available for the beneficiary. Parents can open an account under any mode which is easy for parents. Here all information is given related the account open:-
- First, go to the bank official website and click the link of Sukanya Samridhi Yojana.
- Fill the registration form along with all essential documents.
- Select the payment methods and plan.
- Upload the documents such as PAN Card, Aadhar Card.
- Clock the submit button. Before clicking the submit button check all the details and selected plan.
- Activate the account by pay the first installment.
- Go to any authorized nationalized banks, Private sector banks or Post Office.
- Collect the application form from the bank.
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Submit the application form along with necessary documents.
- now pay the first installment and receive the passbook.
How to Open Account in Post Office
Go to the nearest Post-Office, collect the application form of Sukanya Samridhi Yojana. Fill the application form. Submit the application form along with required documents. To activate the account, payment the first-month installment. Now, your account is active, receive the passbook.
Tenure of the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
Parents have to have pay 14 years. when the age of girl will be 18 years then 50 percent of the mature amount can withdraw. The maturity amount will be withdrawn after completion of age of 21 years of girls.
List of Authorized Bank under Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda (BoB)
- Bank of India (BoI)
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM)
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India (CBI)
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB)
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ)
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM)