The Central Government of India launched Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana in 2015. This scheme provides affordable accidental insurance policy at only Rs 12 annual premium. The Government of India launched the scheme for providing social security to the poor people. The scheme covers accidental insurance cover at the lowest cost comparison of other private Insurance company.
Benefits of the Scheme
- In case of death of subscriber Rs 2 lakh will be given to the nominee as per term and condition of the scheme.
- If the subscribers lost both of eye, both of hands or both of feet or loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of hand or foot then Rs 2 lakh will be given to the subscribers.
- In case of loss of sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or loss of use of one hand or foot
Must Know: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Eligibility of the Scheme
- All the citizen of India
- Applicant age must be between 18 years to 70 years
- Subscribe should have one saving account.
How to Activate the Scheme
The scheme will be activated through offline mode, online or phone banking.
To apply offline candidate has to visit the bank and submit an application form to activate the scheme.
To apply through SMS, the subscriber has to send an SMS as ‘PMSBY <space> Y’; now an acknowledgment message will receive for the response. Bank will take all the details of the subscriber from the customer saving account detail. Such details will be nominee details, nominee relationship and nominee date of birth. In case of data is not available, the customer has to submit the details on bank branch.
Activate scheme through Net Banking
- First login into NetBanking
- After login click Insurance tab
- Here you can choose Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Select Account to pay premium
- You may replicate the saving account nominee or add new nominee
- Click the declaration button.
- Now click the Confirm button
- Download the acknowledgment for future use.
Rs 12 per annum per candidates, payment will be auto-debited from customer saving account. The policy will be valid for one year.