Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana | How to Apply | Eligibility
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana (प्रधान मंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना), a social welfare program of the central government of India. The objective of the scheme is providing 5 crore LPG connection to women which belongs to BPL family. The scheme main aims to provide clean energy to the rural areas women households.
About the scheme
The scheme was launched on 1 May 2016 at Ballia Uttar Pradesh by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Under the scheme, the government has set the target to providing LPG to 50,000,000 households in three years. About 2.5 crore LPG connection had been distributed in short duration of the scheme.
Objective of the scheme
More than 24 crore household has been live in our country out of these about 10 crore households use the primary source of fuel such as coal, dung cake etc. to cook food. The smoke of such fuel is cause of many diseases in women in rural areas so the central government has launched the scheme with some objectives are:-
- Providing clean fuel to the women households
- Empowering women
- Protecting women and child health
- Prevent the serious health problem which is associated with the primary source of cooking fuel.
- Prevent death due to unclean fuel in our country.
Benefits of the Scheme
- LPG connection will be provided in the scheme.
- Government provides financial assistance as RS 1600/ per connection.
- Clean fuel will reduce the health problem of the rural areas women.
- Applicant should be the citizen of India.
- The applicant must be women.
- Applicant age should be above of 18 years.
- The applicant women must belong to BPL family.
- The applicant name must be in SECC-2011 data.
- The applicant has must be bank account in any bank across the country.
- ID proof (Aadhar Card, Voter Card etc.)
- One passport size photograph
- BPL Ration Card
- Bank Passbook Photocopy
How to Apply
- Download application form from the official website or visit the nearest LPG outlet.
- Fill the application form carefully, provides all required details.
- Submit the application form to the nearest LPG outlet along with required documents.
The scheme is helpful to reduce the health problem in the rural women and children. According to WHO report the use of unclean fuel is produce harmful smoke equivalent burring 400 cigarettes in an hour. The rural women and children spend more time to collecting firewood, the scheme will also save time.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana BPL list Download: Click Here
Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana Main Site: Click Here
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Twitter Account: Click Here
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Download Form English and Hindi: Click Here