Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana Complete Detail | Eligibility | How to Apply
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana on May 1, 2015, in Ballia Uttar Pradesh. Under the scheme, the central government provides Rs 1600 per connection per households to the BPL family for getting LPG connection. The scheme has gained huge popularity after the short time of launching.
All the BPL family whose name is in the Socio-Economic Caste Census- 2011 is eligible for the scheme.
Objective of the Scheme
- The scheme was started with aiming to provide 5 crore LPG connection to the women households. Under the scheme, LPG connection will be given to the BPL households across the country.
- The main objective of the scheme prevents serious health issuing which is caused by the use of tradition fuel such as coal, dunk cake.
- Prevent the death of women and child due to use of unclean fuel in cooking.
- Empower the women; under the scheme, LPG connection is giving in the name of women households.
- The scheme will also help to prevent respiratory diseases caused due to smoke by the use of unclean fuel.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana
- All the citizen of India above the age of 18 years is eligible for the scheme.
- The applicant name should be in SECC 2011 data.
- The applicant must be having a bank account.
How to Check Name in BPL List
- Go the official site at http://184.108.40.206/netnrega/secc_list.aspx
- A page will be open where you have to select state, tahsil/taluka and Gram Panchayat
- Now the select the list which you want to see.
- Click the submit button.
If you need to download the list then click the “Download in Excel” link which is given below. The list is available for the all 35 state and union territories excluding Telangana in district wise, Taluka wise and Gram Panchayat wise.
How to Apply
- Download the form from of the official website of PMAY that is http://www.pmujjwalayojana.com/download.html or get the application form from nearest LPG dealer.
- Fill the application form and attached the required documents (Aadhar card, SECC – 2011 BPL Name List, ID, Bank Passbook first page photocopy)
- Submit the application form to the nearest LPG dealer.