Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (SJGSY)

The Central Government has started the Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (SJGSY). The main motive of the scheme is providing jobs to the unemployed youth of the rural areas youth. The project is central sponsored and the scheme was started in the April 1999. With the help of the scheme, the villagers can get regular income.


Skill development and training programs for the unemployed youth to assist with getting a job, gain employment and self-employment.

Through the Environment groups (NH-G), Environment Committees (NH-C), Community Development Society (CDS) resolve the issues of urban poverty and empower communities.

Provide job, self-employment or wage employment opportunity to the urban employed youth by encouraging them to urban poverty alleviation through gainful employment.

The scheme is started for the family living under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category and registered under the self-help groups. The central government has started the scheme for the promoting the self-employment programs in the villages. The government will help the people through the self-help groups, social mobilization, training, capacity building. The government will provide loan and subsidy to the self-help group for generating self-employment in their areas.


Under the scheme, up to 50 percent of the project cost is subsidized to a maximum of 1.25 million or Rs 10,000 per capita whichever is lower. For the Minor irrigation projects, subsidy for self-help groups and self-employed have no maximum limit. In the scheme at least 50 percent of self-employed SC/STs, 40 percent of women and 3 percent different able has been mandatory. The central government will give 75 percent of the project cost and the remaining 25 percent will be given by the state government.

Under the scheme, the government will give 30 percent of the total subsidy but the limit of Rs 7,500/ for SC/ST and 50 percent subsidy for the disabled with the maximum limit of Rs 10,000/. The programmed based on continuing income generation opportunities in rural areas through skill development, Credit, Technology transfer, marketing, and infrastructure. Under the scheme, according to local needs, the skill training and funds are provided. http://angul.nic.in/sgsy.htm


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>