WhatsApp is going to launch In-Chat Payment Feature in India in December. WhatsApp will launch first-time payments feature in anywhere in the world. It will bring more competition in Indian digital payment ecosystem and also bring more facility for the users. This step of WhatsApp is threatened for the all digital payments service providers in India due to hugs customers base in India with 200 million user currently.
WhatsApp, the Facebook-owned company will works with three leading Indian banks State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank for providing better service to the customers. The feature is about final stage. Now the feature is testing by the WhatsApp employees.
Unique of In-Chat Payment Feature
- Payment only clicks a single button.
- The user can pay with entreated chat, it means the user will able to pay without leaving chat interface.
- A symbol of Rupees will be shown where contact or location is located alongside attach button.
- The user can send or request money on clicking Rupee button.
How to Send or Receive Money
- Click on attachment button.
- A Rupee symbol will be shown there, click the button.
- In the feature, the user will input amount to before hitting send.
- On the same time the other hand, a notification will be sent to the receiver, similarly, when receiving money a notification will be sent. Where he has the option to accept or reject the request.
- After accepting the request, the user will able to send or receive money.
Nearly 3 million small and medium business women sell their product through WhatsApp or Facebook, the total sales cost about $ 8-9 billion. The data will grow up to 48 – 60 billion by 2022. WhatsApp is trying to cover the sell value in this new feature. WhatsApp is also going to tie up with BookMyShow, Ola, Oyo, and airlines companies.